Civic Green Park
9370 Ridgeline Blvd,
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129]
Judge: Kyla Groeschel ~ Sacramento, CA
Piper: Jamie Cuthill ~ Denver, CO
USSW – 0511
Registration begins at 8:30am, dancing begins at 9am. All groups will dance at the same time starting with Primary dancers. Awards presentation for all age groups except Primary will occur at the end of the competition. Primary will be awarded upon completion of their dances.
Primary – 16 Pas de Basques, Pas de Basques & Highcuts, Fling (4), Sword (2&1)
Beginner – Fling (4), Sword (2&1), Seann (3&1)
Novice – Fling (4), Sword (2&1), Seann (3&1)
Intermediate – Fling (4), Seann (3&1), Barracks (4), Laddie (4)
Premier – Fling (4), Seann (3&1), Barracks (4), Laddie (4)
Primary 1 dance: $10
Primary 2 dances: $15
Primary 3 or 4 dances: $20
Beginner, Novice: $35
Intermediate, Premier: $40
** A small processing fee is added to the price. This charge is only enough to cover our cost to process the payment through PayPal. **
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES
This competition will be conducted under the rules of the Royal Scottish Official Board of Highland Dance (RSOBHD) and ScotDance USA (SDUSA).
- All entries must be submitted online.
- All dancers must present a valid 2021 SDUSA Registration card with the new sticker on the back. Dancers without a 2021 card in hand on the day of the competition will not be allowed to dance.
- Registration is open only to US dancers.
- Entry form must be received by July 23, 2021 at 11:55 MST. No field entries will be accepted. All registrations are non-refundable. Entries will be capped at 50 total.
- Age groups will be determined by the number of entries received. Ages will be calculated as age on the day of competition.
- Dancers will compete in reverse order of entry received.
- The decisions of the adjudicator are final. Any attempt to talk to the judge during the competition will disqualify that dancer.
- Medals or ribbons will be awarded to four places, or less if determined by the judge. Cash awards in lieu of medals will be awarded to Premier age groups (age split to be determined based on entries received) in the following amounts: $30 (1st), $25 (2nd), $20 (3rd). There will be no trophies awarded at the Primary level. Class trophies will be based on all dances in that session.
- A Most Promising Beginner trophy will be awarded based on judge’s choice.
- Highland dress will be worn in accordance with RSOBHD rules.
- Dancers not in the marshalling area when their class is called to dance will forfeit that dance.
- Petitions should be filed to the dance chairman within 7 days of the event. The petition should be in writing and be accompanied by a $25 fee that will be refunded if the petition is warranted. Such objection must be lodged with the Organizer of the event, if possible before the event and not later than seven days after the date of the event.
- Southwest Region of SDUSA receives $2 from every dancer entry.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RULES
Guidance and protocols from governing organizations, such as the CDC, Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, RSOBHD and SDUSA will be used as the foundation of COVID-19 safety protocols for this event. The competition will be run according to SDUSA COVID protocols in effect at the time of the event, which may change from what is listed below based on circumstances.
- Changing areas will not be available.
- In accordance with SDUSA policies, dancers must not change costumes in public view. Dancers must arrive in costume with hair and make-up complete.
- Only one dancer may register at a time and must practice social distancing while waiting in line.
- Competitor number will be given to the dancer in a ziplock bag when presenting at registration.
- SDUSA Registration card will then be placed in the same ziplock bag and kept by the organizer during the competition.
- Masks are required for all dancers, teachers, volunteers and spectators for the duration of the event. Extra masks will be available if you forget to bring one.
- SDUSA requires all dancers at US competitions to wear face masks over their mouth and nose when they are not dancing on the competition stage. All dancers must wear their mask when they enter and exit the competition stage.
- Dancers may remove their masks and place them in a paper bag placed at the back of the competition stage or opt to compete wearing the mask, whichever is more comfortable for the dancer.
- A paper bag with handles will be provided upon arrival for holding the dancer’s mask.
- During all traditional Scottish Highland and National dances, masks must be a solid color. No embellishments including but not limited to words, writing, sequins, bells, or other noisemakers are allowed on the mask during competitions.
- Competitors will be adequately distanced while competing with an individual 8’ x 12’ stage set up for each competitor with a 2’ space between stages.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue.
- SDUSA Assumption of Risk Waiver (adult and/or child) and the SDUSA Day of Competition Waiver must be filled out upon arrival at the competition for all attendees, including for both dancers and parents. Copies of these forms can be found here for your review in advance: https://www.scotdanceusaevents.com/covid19.
- Socially distanced designated spaces will be available for dancers and their family members.
- No seating or tented area will be provided. Dancers and spectators are strongly encouraged to bring their own chairs, blankets and/or shade covering. Tents can be set up around the perimeter of the dancing area.
- The stage will not be available for warm-up. Dancer warm-up can be in either the designated family space or socially distanced outside the event perimeter.
- Water will not be available; all dancers must provide their own water and snacks.
- Following the competition, SDUSA Registration card will be returned in a ziplock bag at the registration table. Any awards won will be placed in the same ziplock bag.
- Trophy winners will be awarded on stage.
- Anyone living with a house member who is currently sick, feels sick, or shows any symptoms of COVID-19 listed by the CDC, including cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell, has been diagnosed or presumed positive for COVID-19, or has been around someone who has been diagnosed or presumed positive for COVID-19, currently or within the last 14 days, must stay home. Follow the CDC guidelines for isolation or quarantine.
- All attendees (including dancers, teachers, volunteers and spectators) will be asked to monitor their own health prior to attending the event and follow the CDC guidelines for protecting themselves and others, including staying home if they exhibit any signs of illness.
Trophy & Medals Sponsorship
Please consider supporting this dance competition with a tax-deductible donation to the Rocky Mountain Highland Dancers. Sponsorships can be purchased through our event page at RMHD.org
Medals Set $50
Premier Cash Awards $100
Sponsor the Judge $250
Sponsor the Piper $250
Please indicate if you would like the award to be in honor or memory of someone in the “Additional Information” section at checkout.
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
EJ Bennett – email@example.com
Competition Organizer, Rocky Mountain Highland Dancers
- 2021 Colorado Celtic Outdoor Competition
July 31, 2021
9:00 am - 12:30 pm